Infopeople Webinar: George and Joan on Taking Your Ideas to the Next Level
You have a terrific idea for improving your library’s service. You excitedly share this fantastic new idea, only to have your enthusiasm deflated by picky questions, managerial indifference, or passive/aggressive resistance from your colleagues.
No matter how good your ideas are, if you don’t present them in a way that can be discussed and understood by the people who can make them happen, they won’t be implemented. You’ll be left frustrated. And your community will never experience that terrific new service.
This webinar will describe techniques that prepare library staff members at any level to present new ideas effectively. Participants will learn how to:
- Demonstrate how your idea fits in with other organizational goals and practices;
- Improve your empathetic skills, “think with someone else’s brain,” and anticipate how ideas will be received;
- Identify the people who can assist you in carrying your ideas to reality;
- Face resistance squarely and overcome objections;
- Improve presentation skills so that a good idea won’t be lost in a substandard delivery.
This webinar will be of interest to any members of the library community who wish to see their ideas move forward. The tips and techniques covered here will also be useful to those who need to coach others in how to present their ideas more effectively. Participation by past and prospective Eureka! Leadership Institute participants is strongly recommended.
For more information go to: http://infopeople.org/training/webcasts/webcast_data/328/index.html