Social & Informal Learning: The Business Opportunity
Wednesday, March 18, 2009 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EDT
If learning were an iceberg, then formal training and development would only be the tip. Most learning is “informal” in nature, but this portion lies beneath the proverbial waterline, virtually invisible and, therefore, much harder to navigate.
- But such navigation is becoming increasingly important. New research from an i4cp survey, commissioned by the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD), reveals social and informal learning opportunities for companies that need to improve productivity and performance in 2009.
- Social and informal learning already has a strong presence in many organizations and is expected to increase.
- Very little of most firms’ training budgets are devoted to informal learning
- Using social and informal learning pays dividends, as there is a significant correlation with reported market performance
Join internationally recognized futurist Elliott Masie and i4cp’s VP of Research Jay Jamrog as they examine this research and provide solutions on how to drive productivity and performance by implementing effective social and informal learning strategies. Takeaways include:
- What social and informal learning approaches are currently working for organizations
- Where are the gaps that can serve as opportunities
- How can organizations put social and informal learning strategies into action sooner rather than later
Register here: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/195339614
I really wish I could attend this but I will be at training all day. If anyone attends and gets a link to the archive please share it with me! 🙂