It’s Employee Learning Week 2007 @ PLCMC. Today’s topic is Healthy Bodies = Healthy Minds.
What would you do with an extra day of vacation each year?
Spend time with family.
Get a head start on some holiday shopping.
Take a day to rest after completing a big project.
So how can you get the extra day off? It’s as easy as pie—or walking off that pie!
Sign up for the Fit City Challenge.
*Speaking of pie, how long does a 150lb person have to walk to burn off a piece of apple pie?
Email the correct answer to Jody Schmidt by Friday, December 14 to have your name entered in a drawing for a prize.
What is Fit City Challenge?
Fit City Challenge is a community level initiative open to all residents of Mecklenburg County that encourages you to get healthy. PLCMC offers vacation time as a reward for participating.
How does it work?
Fit City Challenge goals are to:
- Walk 5 miles per week
- Eat 5 fruits and vegetables each day
- Record progress: www.fitcitychallenge.org
What can I do?
- Find out how to start earning your vacation time: http://intranet.plcmc.org/hr/health/
- Find out how to win a year’s family membership to Ray’s Splash Planet: http://www.fitcitychallenge.org/Challenge/bodyworlds/
- Learn how to make your library a healthier place to work: http://www.fitcitychallenge.org/worksite/
- Get healthy with your family: http://www.fitcitychallenge.org/Families/
Who do I contact if I have a question?
- Lori Reed
- Kevin Deese
- Jody Schmidt