It’s two weeks until ASTD’s Employee Learning Week 2007.
This is a great time to showcase your learning and development opportunities for staff.
Here are some of the suggestions from the ELW site of ways that you can recognize employee learning:
- Introduce new learning opportunities during the week
- Communicate learning and development tips to your workforce each day of the week
- Institute an employee development recognition event to recognize individuals and departments in your organization
- Host a press briefing with the local media
- Host a program with a local university or community college
- Work with members of your ASTD chapter to pilot a PR campaign targeted to business leaders and learning professionals in your community
- Work with government officials to pass a proclamation recognizing Employee Learning Week
- Help employees create individual development plans to increase and enhance their skills
- Submit an article about your company’s learning efforts to a local newspaper
We haven’t finalized our plans for ELW yet at PLCMC. I’m thinking of sending out a daily email to staff highlighting PLCMC’s opportunities and including a daily learning tip. I’d like to include a survey for staff of what training they would like to have in 2008. I’d like to have a drawing for prizes too.
Our local ASTD chapter received a proclamation from the mayor officially declaring December 3-7th Employee Learning Week. I’m planning to post this on our Intranet and include in the first email that we send out to staff.
If you have any ideas or plans for celebrating Employee Learning Week at your library please post them here in the comments.