There are 11 days left for PLCMC staff to complete Learning 2.0 and the 23 things and earn their reward of an MP3 player. However, learning does not really ever end.
To those staff who will not, for whatever reason, be able to complete all 23 things by October 31st, I hope that you will complete the activity anyway at your own pace.
Do you need some motivation to get back on track? Here are some tips for Learning 2.0:
- Read all of Helene’s blog posts and tutorials and listen to the podcasts. It might be helpful to print them out one at a time so that you can read them when you don’t have access to a computer. Each post will give you the basics of what you need to complete the task.
- Don’t try to over do it. Sure other people have gone above and beyond but that does not mean that you have to. Just do what is required for each post and you can go back later to play with the things you like the best.
- Remember that this is a self-discovery process and that the journey is just as important as the final reward. There is a reason why there were no official classes or cheat sheets for this program. Each and every person has the ability to complete all of these activities. Don’t believe me? Ask Rosemary Lands! Believe in yourself and believe that you can do this. I hope that after Learning 2.o we will see a big shift in the way we think about training.
- If you need help, ask! You are not alone. Over 100 staff have already completed this journey. Feel free to call, e-mail me, or if you are at Main Library stop by my desk. I’ve been surprised at how few people have asked me for help, but I am so proud to see other staff stepping up to the plate and helping other staff.
- Support and encourage each other! Many departments that have already completed Learning 2.0 have said the biggest reward is the sense of community that has been established. Use this community to your advantage.
- Have fun! If you are not having fun you are missing the point. Life is too short to not have fun!